This is WAR!!!!

it's just a fact in some cases and no big deal
there are certain types who ride the super expensive racing bikes
who kind of look down on many others
such as motorized bicycles and in some cases even ones riding cheap walmart bikes
and at other times it seems as though they think they are special by their spandex jock straps
don't tell me it ain't so because I spent many years working at bicycle shops.............

yes at times they are the ones who blow by us slower motorized bicycles
with out even giving a nod or wave
as I said no big deal ----- my motor bike is real --------------- and I like to ride that thing
MM

Last edited:
There's the spandex crowd that shun motorized bikes, and there are the people with motorized bikes that think that their bikes are better because of the engine or drive system. It's all pretty much pointless. It reminds me of the mindset of some Harley-Davidson riders. They don't even recognize you unless you are riding a H-D cycle. When riding on my motorcycles, I give a friendly wave to every other person I see on a motorcycle. Everyone waves to their fellow bikers - except some H-D owners, who think that it isn't a motorcycle unless it is a H-D. Stupidity at its zenith. When I had a boat, everyone would wave to each other on the water. It didn't matter what kind of boat or how big, there were no snobs. Bicycles are bicycles, even if they are powered. Can't we just all get along?
:giggle:

When I was in middle school the Olympic training center moved here. I rode a $69 murray 10 speed my buddy on his equally cheap ride. On rides to Manitou we would often encounter a pack of Olympians and ride in behind them, when they noticed us they always tried to speed away, always looking back to see us keeping up. We would let this go on a few times and then ride up along side them and challenge for a race. The spandexters would laugh, so we began the taunting, "moma boys", F*gg*ts", and then a California howdy as we speed away. I know they couldn't keep up with us and we know and olmpian would never admit to being out rode by a kid on $69 bike in t shirt and jeans.
35 years later the spandex crowd still looks down upon me and I still out ride them only now with a engine. I do enjoy passing out California howdy's, love it when a pack meets me at a light when I look over with a twinkie twinkle in my eye and say "your cute."

It's a money and looks issue they ride $2,500 bikes with cute suits I ride bikes from many bikes t-shirts and jeans.

I think the issue is that alot of people need/want something to make themselves seam superior to everyone else. Now, with bicycle purists it's that they have this whole fitness system going on, and anyone who dosn't use that system is lazy. Anyone who dosn't have all the gear (spandex, clip on pedals, etc) is stupid, because thats the way your supposed to do it.

Now we, on the other hand, view bicycles as sources for frames and platforms for vehicals that we want to build. I have no resentment to people who have bought mopeds (well, maby some based on the fact that they actually have money to buy a moped...but thats another issue), to go-ped scooters, small dirt bikes, large motorcycles, motorized unicycles, or even segways (aside from the "I wish I had $5000 to spend on a vehicle" thing). In fact, I'm fairely interested in go-peds, segways, roller blades with drill motors, and any other small, portable, and somewhat stupid method of transport that is being cooked up.

They see it as us desecrating bicycles if we use a good quality bike, and laugh at use for using cheap bikes if we don't go for quality. They sometimes do both.

I am just grateful for the things I have
sure I also like Harley's
when they are running good
but I don't covet one when I see it go by
it's not about what bicycle riders in their spandex jock straps think about me
it is about what I think about them

are any of us any better than any other ??
that's a silly thought
and if and when we go there
we are only fooling ourselfs
we have heard it many times said ----------- Pride Before The Fall

MM

For me, nothing is sacred save for 300zx's and other nice, old cars. The way I see it, nothing should keep me from putting a motor on anything that I choose. The bike is my property once I own it, so I can do whatever I'd like with it. That does mean though that another person can wear tight fitting clothes and look like an athelete while riding his bike too.

I've been noticing a lot of junk mountain bikes with 80cc gasoline engines strapped to them being driven around and showing up on Craigslist lately.

They sound like an old lawnmower, and I usually see them trying to carry some fat **** near the local grocery store. I've even seen one putting along the bike path I take to school.

Here's two examples from craigslist. I've often seen these pitched as 100% legal without any sort of license, and I've marked several to get taken down.

http://eauclaire.craigslist.org/bik/1431764363.html
http://eauclaire.craigslist.org/bik/1425483442.html

Do you guys see these being used or sold around you? It seems to me that they're pretty illegal on the street, and people seem to use them for random trips. Is it worth calling the cops if I see on on the bike path?

WHAT A BUNCH OF **** HEADS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been noticing a lot of junk mountain bikes with 80cc gasoline engines strapped to them being driven around and showing up on Craigslist lately.

They sound like an old lawnmower, and I usually see them trying to carry some fat **** near the local grocery store. I've even seen one putting along the bike path I take to school.

Here's two examples from craigslist. I've often seen these pitched as 100% legal without any sort of license, and I've marked several to get taken down.

http://eauclaire.craigslist.org/bik/1431764363.html
http://eauclaire.craigslist.org/bik/1425483442.html

Do you guys see these being used or sold around you? It seems to me that they're pretty illegal on the street, and people seem to use them for random trips. Is it worth calling the cops if I see on on the bike path?

WHAT A BUNCH OF **** HEADS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I assumed you coppied that from the thread?

Trying to get them removed from craigslist is just wrong. Making and selling MBs is a perfectly legitement way of making money

Back