This isn't that bad of an idea...

Bicycles have incorrect steering geometry for a four wheel non-leaning vehicle, almost the exact opposite in fact.
I love my setup, tent and other camping stuff plus fuel in a single wheel trailer behind the bike. Bike carries the things I need access to during a journey (plus all the fishing stuff so I can fish away from the campsite). Much easier to get to the top of some stairs or cross a short stretch of the beach, lift over fences etc. than that in the video because they can be separated in a couple of seconds into easy to lift pieces. The added wind resistance of the bike and trailer setup is negligible too.
Oops sorry my autism traits kicked in lol I should have just said yes that looks fun lol. :p

yeh, i mean i was thinking more of on a trike or quad. that has an expandable, foldable lightweight enclosure similar to this for night camping, which allows you to be off the ground and in a watertight space.

yeh, i mean i was thinking more of on a trike or quad. that has an expandable, foldable lightweight enclosure similar to this for night camping, which allows you to be off the ground and in a watertight space.
Yeah a long recumbent tadpole trike could definitely be a good base for an enclosed vehicle! Ooh now I'm thinking about how the rear wheel could be removed to provide a flat bed, and rear fender could rotate underneath to act as a rear foot.
It could even pull a trailer too, of course.
It's a pity tadpole trikes are so expensive to buy but if you have the skills and equipment to make the frame and the front geometry it could be a very cool project indeed!
Pipe dream for me though lol. The thing would be impossible to get in and out of my apartment! :p

Back