Thoughts about frame

Redbiker

Local time
11:30 AM
Just wondering what people thought about converting this bike to motorized or if anyone has? I just bought it because it was praised on the frame. Its a 2000 Marin Eldrich Grade. Will probably switch out wheels ,forks, seat and handlebars. Rides very smooth right now as is though
20210617_163746.jpg

Last edited:
Just wondering what people thought about converting this bike to motorized or if anyone has? I just bought it because it was praised on the frame. Its a 2000 Marin Eldrich Grade. Will probably switch out wheels ,forks, seat and handlebars. Rides very smooth right now as is thoughView attachment 105810
Those kind of forks are great for M/Bs. A new rear wheel and a fat arse seat and you're off and running.

Hard to pick new wheels for it.. im going to put a YD100 on this one though, so need to be good and I havent been able to find a good seat yet either.. tried many but all are very uncomfortable! Manitou SX forks on it but dated from 2000.. Any recommendations would be welcome!

I havent been able to find a good seat yet either..
Im using this one myself for over 5 years now...its a really good memory foam type construction and extremely comfortable for my wide, fat butt...lol.

Here is the seat at Amazon, but i believe that Walmart still carries them at about half the price of Amazon.

Below is a pic with my newest bike with the seat transferred from my older bike...its totally adujustable with tilt and forward/backward adj.

IMG_0348.jpg

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back