Thoughts about this engine on a bike?

Good motor, there is a lot of guys that ran the older flat head version. Almost all trans have .75 holes CVT. All except the 4G and the ones for small 50cc engines..........Curt

Would the predator 212 bike transmission work? Also do you think the top speed would be in the 40's? this motor is only $40 more than a 79cc. I wonder why more people dont use them. A 79cc atleast on my bike goes about 30 (when it was running). This motor has 1 hp more and 39cc more. Should go in atleast the mid- high 30's.

Last edited:
Have to check the mounting bolt spacing, but think they are the same.......Curt

The Lifan motor has been well tested in industrial usage for a few years and it has a good reputation of being reliable. I thought about using it, but for safety reasons, I did not use it, in my opinion bicycles are not built for this large of a motor or the speed. 79cc is more than enough power for me, and I don't want my grandkids racing around with it.

I think it would work fine. the only difference being slightly bigger bore and stroke. it'll have seat of the pants torque increase, and broader power curve but both are the same rev limit, governed. half a hp is at least 2-3mph faster and more "oomphness" ppl have did 212cc without too much hassle, but thats wayyy overpowered in a bike.
I think elec start from Lifan dealers may be more available. it's a more popular engine in industrial applications

good luck! I'd do it but the predator is cheaper and I only need to go 27-30mph

Back