Thoughts on HS 142f engines

darwin

Local time
6:36 AM
A lot of folks have been having issues with these motors lately and I think I might know why. Grubee only sells genuine HS 142fs and have been known for their quality. There's a lot of knock offs out there that might not have the quality build a real HS has. You can tell by the casing looking shabby, discolored metal parts, just plain and simple the motor looks 3rd rate vs a true HS. Maybe that's why the issues lately. Some HT's are better than others so maybe same issue here. What do you think?

I think grubee buys the ones with best tolerances, and the factory had to get rid of their second picks somehow. I see lots of random ebay sellers that include the mz-miami transfer case with the hs 142f that I think is suspect. Those I see no huasheng stickers, or random "who the hell knows what brand this is" stickers.
Edit: think about it, a full kit for $20 more on ebay than the 142f alone shipped from grubee.

All of my HS's have had the pull start sticker and the epa/factory sticker on them and have been great motors except ethanol/carb related issues.

I want one of these kits for my beach cruiser because I’m sick of the two-stroke motor it vibrates way too much and is having issues with the exhaust gasket and I just don’t feel like replacing it all the time. Only thing I’m worried about is the crappy wide pedal kit

I want one of these kits for my beach cruiser because I’m sick of the two-stroke motor it vibrates way too much and is having issues with the exhaust gasket and I just don’t feel like replacing it all the time. Only thing I’m worried about is the crappy wide pedal kit

Same

The 4 strokes are awkward being So wide. And man I can strip a 2 Stroke down & toss it back together on the side of the road!!

Same

The 4 strokes are awkward being So wide. And man I can strip a 2 Stroke down & toss it back together on the side of the road!!

What sucks is that you may have to. My HS hasn't been apart once in 9 years, although it could use a new camshaft.

What sucks is that you may have to. My HS hasn't been apart once in 9 years, although it could use a new camshaft.
That's all I've replaced on mine, and its a simple task. Only other things I need to do is change the oil every 50ish hours of use and adjust my valves when I do. I've never had a gasket or ring issue. No chance for a warped head. It's a very hassle-free engine. Just make sure you don't get a cheapo engine off fleabay. If it doesn't say huasheng, then avoid. I spent $204 on my hs 144f, and you can get a full 142f kit on fleabay for less than that. Something is fishy about that.

Back