Thoughts on my engine mount first build.

Dandrax

Local time
6:20 AM
This is my first build i acquired a bike with a 2 stroke on it and after taking the it apart i decided id just get a new one because the cylinder walls gettin some wear. This bike and motor was terrible whoever had it did not take care of it. So I decide to take apart the bike as well as cleaned, sanded, painted(galaxy colorshift), reassembed
and regreased everything.l. Also got new slim tubes tires, cables, brakes, seat, I honestly should of just got a new bike idk what i was thinking. The new motor i purchased and am installing is the
Zeda 80 Complete 2 Stroke 80cc Bicycle Engine Kit - Triple 40 Motorized Gas Bike - Firestorm Edition plus 36 sprocket hub adapter plus spacer adapter, performance head, carb and exhaust
I had a problem with both tubes being a tad to big like it almost fit and what it looks like the person did to fit on the old engine was they bent the studs just abit anyways this is what i did. I need to still get a ubolt that will fit on thr seat tube but i put one there so you can see what goes there. read you arent suppose to use rubber but i did my instructions manual said to but not sure exactly where.
80B34CE5-6415-4241-BFAF-A42BCDF9211D.jpeg
BDA61882-E4F3-4547-9A56-144DF1E0F055.jpeg
965A6664-A02D-4223-B491-A217CD8F615D.jpeg

I hope you do not plan on using that eye bolt--you could never get it torqued properly, the eye would just keep collapsing. Also, those flat plates look like they could twist on the frame tube. Art

This is my first build i acquired a bike with a 2 stroke on it and after taking the it apart i decided id just get a new one because the cylinder walls gettin some wear. This bike and motor was terrible whoever had it did not take care of it. So I decide to take apart the bike as well as cleaned, sanded, painted(galaxy colorshift), reassembed
and regreased everything.l. Also got new slim tubes tires, cables, brakes, seat, I honestly should of just got a new bike idk what i was thinking. The new motor i purchased and am installing is the
Zeda 80 Complete 2 Stroke 80cc Bicycle Engine Kit - Triple 40 Motorized Gas Bike - Firestorm Edition plus 36 sprocket hub adapter plus spacer adapter, performance head, carb and exhaust
I had a problem with both tubes being a tad to big like it almost fit and what it looks like the person did to fit on the old engine was they bent the studs just abit anyways this is what i did. I need to still get a ubolt that will fit on thr seat tube but i put one there so you can see what goes there. read you arent suppose to use rubber but i did my instructions manual said to but not sure exactly where.
View attachment 91881View attachment 91882View attachment 91883
id ditch the rubber mounts as they cause more vibration then if you just hard mount the motor.

also, id use a muffler clamp to bolt on the engine. or the more $$ option i linked below
http://sickbikeparts.com/front-engine-mount-large-universal/

you can use it in the rear as well, (you just have to get longer bolts and flip the bracket around)

How do rubber mounts cause more vibration?
well, these engine are unbalanced from the factory, and make a lot of vibrations. if you add the rubber mounts, it will make it vibrate more (since the engine is basically floating) and as a result it will make for a worse ride (trust me, it sounds off but its true) if you hard mount it, you let the frame absorb most of the vibration. (especially if its steel) and inturn make the vibratons less noticeable.

well, these engine are unbalanced from the factory, and make a lot of vibrations. if you add the rubber mounts, it will make it vibrate more (since the engine is basically floating) and as a result it will make for a worse ride (trust me, it sounds off but its true) if you hard mount it, you let the frame absorb most of the vibration. (especially if its steel) and inturn make the vibratons less noticeable.
Oh gotcha. Thanks

Back