Thoughts on this Engine?

the_great_mantis

Local time
2:51 PM
I search for the specific model, so if there is one, best of apologizes. = ]

http://www.kingsmotorbikes.com/2_stroke_bicycle_engine_kits.htm

Pretty cheap, and it's 66% percent off... Pretty suspicious.
That being said, the review is fairly decent.
There's multiple of them, couldn't decide which one is best.

Thoughts?

Also: if anyone knows of a website which could tell me the local restrictions, feel free to link. :cool:

I have two GruBee 48cc engines and I second that sentiment. My older one is a 2003 square-head model (when GruBee still called them "Spitfire") and the newer one is a 2005 round head "Pico 50". Both have been very reliable.

Sweet, exactly what I wanted to hear.

Any guess as to why they're that much marked down, though?

That's a good question, and it could be any number of reasons. But don't discount the effects of a slow economy as well as the time of year when it comes to prices. I'll bet they won't be quite as inexpensive once good riding weather is upon all of us.

I can tell you why there so cheap.

But without getting into detail lets just say after these are gone he will no longer be selling the Grubee name!

Moral! he is selling his kits at cost maybe below cost he go the batch cheap because the guy in Australia backed out due to the economy so Don found this cat.

Another short story!

Kings got shipment was taken from them because of certain reasons and the same cat who bought the Aussie boat bought the king domain.

I can tell you why there so cheap.

But without getting into detail lets just say after these are gone he will no longer be selling the Grubee name!

Moral! he is selling his kits at cost maybe below cost he go the batch cheap because the guy in Australia backed out due to the economy so Don found this cat.

Another short story!

Kings got shipment was taken from them because of certain reasons and the same cat who bought the Aussie boat bought the king domain.

Like the sands of time these are the days of my life. :)

Last edited:
there not mark down,thats how much there worth and should be selling for.
the other guys are marking theres up higher for more profit.
kings is almost the same as gasbike in prices and inventory.
i got my engine kit 48cc dualstart starfire GT2 grubee from gasbike $149 + 30sh
starts first time everytime and no problems so far.it was a great deal.
they raised the price now to $179 or so + sh.
but they have cheaper ones for $99

Back