Thoughts on this old Ross cruiser

Yeah a 212 would be a death trap, I just threw that out there, yes my bike is real light so a 66cc would motivate it pretty good.

No numbers unfortunately. The only identification it has is a badge on the head tube.
Ross made bikes in Rockaway Beach NY from the early 50's to the early 70'
That badge was used from the early 60's thru the early 70's I think ya got a 66 Ross Deluxe

Just picked this up today. According to the seller it's from the 70's. I think its a brazed frame. Plenty of room to fit a two stroke provided I get different mounts. Would the split upper bar be a problem?

Edit: should clarify that it will be getting new wheels with proper brakes before an engine even gets near it. The coaster brake is dodgey even at pedal speeds.
if you only plan on riding it once, you can save money on the brakes and fancy stuff like that. Shouldn't have probs with a kit.

I learned from my first build with cheap caliper brakes. I'll definitely not be skimping on brakes. It'll be a longer build, I've got a few ideas but need to see if they'll work.
Brakes for the speed and style of riding should be taken into account, then everything else. When you are building these, brakes is the most important part of the build. Otherwise you just have a shiny turd. lol. Safety before fun, especially when the fun can get ya killed.

Ps, make sure you update with lots of pics, I like pics.

Back