Three wheels

I converted a Schwinn Meridian running a 49cc HS 4stroke thru a 5:1 gear box via a chain final drive. I ratioed itfor a 23 mph top speed. You have to be on your toes over twenty! Its sweet below that though. There are vids of kids on youtube running 212s 40 plus. Never tell a kid he cant do it. Didnt work for me! Do get some decent spoke wheels though.
Thats always been a big factor for things ive done in the past I may never have done something but that doesnt mean i can't. but tell me I can't, then I will do everything I can to find a way to do it just to say see....lol and although i may act like im 5 at times im not a kid...lmao

i dont mean to repeat what others have said. just want to reinforce those points by saying it again.

which ever motor you decide on you need to look at how you can connect the transmission to the rear end. if you mount it in the frame like bikes the transmission will line up with the middle of the rear axle. i know that the rear drive sprocket it connects to will need something to bolt to. i dont thonk they make one that is made to be part of an axle. at least i havent seen one. i think the suggestion of not using plastic rims is more for your safety. going over a bump when you are pedallonh a boke is way different than hitting a bump on a bike going 30 mph. even in my bike ive got a double spring fork setup that is pretty stiff yet i have a dent in my front fender from where the forks that generally dont move came up and hit the fender. not to mention it loosened some fillings in my teeth. if i were using plastic rims when i hit that the rim would have probably broke or worse. thankfully the only thing that happened to my bike was the dent on the fender. im also glad the bike came with heavy duty spokes. when you decide to start a project to motorize something that was originally made not to be, whether you are doing it for the first time or the tenth time your first and foremost concern HAS TO BE safety. not just for you when you are riding it but also for other people you are sharing the road with. You might cause an accident where you are hurt but there will more than likely be another person involved. ..i could be in a bunny outfit riding a unicycle and look cool...lol...
so looking cool has to always come after safety. i look good no matter what so i dont worry about it...lmao
you may think about an electric conversion. that woll give you more options on your set up. that way tou can use a front wheel drive motor that way it would be less of a problem. your biggest problem the would be how to run the wiring foir everything. or you can choose to ignore safety and do it how you want. if you do that al;l i ask is that when you are recooperating from a hospital bed you get on the site here and tell is how it went
Crazy i definitely am stupid i will never be. i agree safety first. i always go for safe function on all my builds then upgrade from there. appreciate the input will definitely fill everyone in on how it goes.

Back