Throbbing Motor?

Gupa Nupa

Local time
6:08 AM
A little over 50 miles into my Flying Horse engine (from bike berry) and im noticing a recurring issue with engine performance. The torque that the engine provides seems to be very variable, sometimes pulling really well (ive hit upwards of 30 with all stock components) and sometimes barely pulling at all. Usually it throbs back and forth between these two states, without me changing the throttle position. My theory is that the oil/gas are not well mixed in the tank, not sure if that is a legit reason why it would be happening tho. Anyone else experienced this/know how to alleviate it?

My theory is that the oil/gas are not well mixed in the tank,
Never mix the gas and oil in the stock 2 litre gas tank, it will NOT be accurate and very true you can't shake it properly to mix the oil and gas properly...ALWAYS mix your gas and oil in a one gallon gas can, shake thoroughly, and then pour that shaken mix into your tank.

I am almost done with my first tank, running 16:1
Thats good to know as their recommended 16:1 is too much oil...Make all future gas/oil mixtures at 32:1, 4 ounces of 2 cycle oil to one gallon of gasoline...Pull the plug as well, your probably going to see its black and wet...replace that junky Chinese Z4 or Z8 series plug with an NGK-B6HS or its resistor version NGK-BR6HS and be sure to never trust pre-gap...make sure the gap is at .025 thousandths...DAMIEN

The oil in the gas won't do what you're describing, most likely the plug, the plug boot or CDI connection. Check those three.

like others have said, too much oil at 16:1, these engines run best around 32:1 or 40:1 with GOOD oil.

id also change out the sparkplug to an NGK B6HS, since those are much higher quality plugs, it will also give you a bit of a boost in performance since the plug takes more surface area in the combustion chamber while providing a better spark (resulting in a cleaner burn)

id also go a touch leaner on the main jet if its still acting like its 4 stroking.

A little over 50 miles into my Flying Horse engine (from bike berry) and im noticing a recurring issue with engine performance. The torque that the engine provides seems to be very variable, sometimes pulling really well (ive hit upwards of 30 with all stock components) and sometimes barely pulling at all. Usually it throbs back and forth between these two states, without me changing the throttle position. My theory is that the oil/gas are not well mixed in the tank, not sure if that is a legit reason why it would be happening tho. Anyone else experienced this/know how to alleviate it?
You get this figured out? It's sounding like a sticky needle valve above the float in the carburetor.

Back