Throttle cable to long?

to long cables

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dave1490

i see alot of pic of this i now mine is,so this is a poll{maybe they will ship them with shorter cables}.thanks

i see alot of pic of this i now mine is,so this is a poll{maybe they will ship them with shorter cables}.thanks
a longer cable is more universal
if they ship shorter cables, it will mean lots of people's will be too short
on a large frame or even using high bars(apes), they can be too short as it is

imho, better too long and sticking out, than too short and un-useable

From the manufacturer's standpoint a longer cable is in fact more universal but
from an end users standpoint I think they are a little long too...but in the end I guess it is better to have a foot too much cable than a foot too little.....It would be nice if the end that goes into the throttle could have a removable piece (similar to the little brass thing that screws onto the clutch cable) so that the end user can cut the cable to fit then simply screw on the little end and put it in the twist throttle.
Andrew

:cool:with my DAHON 20" bike, the cables are always too SHORT! i could've use 5" more on my friction drive(60"), and 5" more on my gear chain drive.

I also want to add that I like being able to see who agrees with me in polls :D
(and who voted otherwise) :rolleyes:
this new software rocks ! :cool::cool::cool:

we would all agree if ,,,,

adjustable length ,,,,, 100 percent
just right
3in to long
6in to long
9in to long

japat

Last edited by a moderator:
If your throttle cable is too long, provide a service loop at the bars and another at the carb. That will take up most of the slack and still look good.

oops. i didnt understand the poll question. i thought the subject was what is the common problem we see with them. mine always seem about 3" too long. too long sux (not as much as not long enuff, obviously) because there's more loops and bends and angles that stress the cable out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back