Throttle and Chain attachment

Javohn Dyer

Local time
10:52 PM
Ok, so I bought this engine kit on February 2017, due to my s**t skills. It's still having troubles, though the engine and everything is attached. I consistently have troubles with throttle cord length, the throttle sliding and keeping both chains equally attached to where they don't pop the moment I get riding, though the only chain that pops is the regular bike chain, despite it being attached and tightened adequately.

I'd like to get my first start before winter as I reside in the wonderful state of Michigan, and finding bike help has been far and farther. Before I post pictures does anyone have suggestions on how I can go about fixing my bike?

Oh, and I'm also having fuel line leaks, could someone liking me to a better fuel line that can prevent this?

Thanks

What exact engine kit did you buy, and pics of it will help a lot.

It's an ebay engine kit. 49cc. How do I upload video? If I pull it and then get my chain tightener, I can attach it fine, but once I get to riding it always pops.
20170910_134540.jpg

Attachments

• 20170910_134549.jpg
    20170910_134549.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 203
It's an ebay engine kit. 49cc. How do I upload video? If I pull it and then get my chain tightener, I can attach it fine, but once I get to riding it always pops.
View attachment 78937

I know that once a chain rivet is pushed out, to break the chain, it will usually pop again at the same rivet.
The rivet holes in the links get a little oversized from pushing the rivet through, and they're never the same afterwards.
Time for either a new chain, or maybe a master link to replace that link.

there really shouldn't be any issue there if all is assembled right - pics would be needed for that

What exactly is the issue?
I know that someone pointed out (sorry I forgot who) that if there's too much slack cable, and you maxed out the barrel adjuster, there are some brake barrel adjusters that will fit into the barrel adjuster on the carb. You can (perhaps tap the carb's barrel adjuster and) put that new one stacked on top and in line with the original one that's on the carb.

think you can work through the throttle issue?
I'd guess you didn't drill a hole in your handlebars for the pin stay and just broke the plastic nub in the throttle off right?

That's what keeps your throttle from spinning on the handlebars.

You can drill a hole through the top of the throttle where the nub was down and through the handle bar, then screw in a bolt.

As for throttle cable slack there are screw adjustments on each end of the cable.

I'd guess you didn't drill a hole in your handlebars for the pin stay and just broke the plastic nub in the throttle off right?

That's what keeps your throttle from spinning on the handlebars.

You can drill a hole through the top of the throttle where the nub was down and through the handle bar, then screw in a bolt.

As for throttle cable slack there are screw adjustments on each end of the cable.
It's an ebay kit I have no pin.

Also, bikes dead as it seems heavily regretting spending the money on this :/ despite a years worth of work. I got a new chain and some fuel line, while I was testing the chain the on the second lap, it snaped and got jammed in the joint of the wheel and the bike ruining the chain. How much do the left overs for these things sell for if I can't get it running like... ever?

Back