Throttle and Chain attachment

The things I hope to fix man. I wanna still try, been working on this for almost a year now.

Things aren't looking all that great, with massive fail after fail ya know?

The chains have been a literal nightmare, chains, and I haven't been able to get both properly calibrated without one popping. It feels s**tty.

Last edited:
It's an ebay kit I have no pin.
It's not a pin per-se, it's a plastic nub on the inside of the top throttle piece and I have never seen a throttle without one so it probably broke off when you tried to install it.

For your chain issue:
Get your pedal chain tight and your wheel centered in the frame.

Now try to visually sight the chain line from the back sprocket to the front sprocket. My guess is your rear sprocket is cuped the wrong way and probably not true.

Post a pic of your drive train with a neutral background so I can look it over.

It's not a pin per-se, it's a plastic nub on the inside of the top throttle piece and I have never seen a throttle without one so it probably broke off when you tried to install it.

For your chain issue:
Get your pedal chain tight and your wheel centered in the frame.

Now try to visually sight the chain line from the back sprocket to the front sprocket. My guess is your rear sprocket is cuped the wrong way and probably not true.

Post a pic of your drive train with a neutral background so I can look it over.
Will do, as soon as I am able to remove the new/old broken chain parts.

There ya go, sorry for the wait boys. Notice how the throttle wire doesn't seem long enough? Also, it'd be cool if you cool take a screen shot and draw where I need to put a pin. Where exactly do I buy a pin?

Attachments

• 20170930_172758.jpg
    20170930_172758.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 162
  • 20170930_173106.jpg
    20170930_173106.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 166
  • 20170930_172430.jpg
    20170930_172430.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 156
  • 20170930_173059.jpg
    20170930_173059.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 161
There ya go, sorry for the wait boys. Notice how the throttle wire doesn't seem long enough? Also, it'd be cool if you cool take a screen shot and draw where I need to put a pin. Where exactly do I buy a pin?
The throttle cable is probably the same as anyone's, so I guess if it's a struggle to get it into the twist throttle once it's already in the carb, I would try attaching the throttle end first before attaching the carb end.
I really don't think you need any pin. The metal twist throttles dont have any pin, nor do any of the fittings like brake levers, gear shifters and grips used on ordinary bicycles.
I think it's just unable to clamp tightly or its lacking some friction. You can file a little bit off the inside of the part where the bolts go though, so they can clamp the bar harder before the two sides touch, or you can get some PVC electrical insulation tape and wind a little bit around your handlebar just where the clamp goes on until it's fitting tightly enough.
Personally, I replaced the stock plastic twist throttle anyway without even using it because it just isn't a decent quality item and doesn't fit my large hands.

Some have a metal pin, some plastic, some like yours none at all. It's been my experience that most tighten enough not to be a problem for the lack of a pin. If it won't then I would drill a hole as someone suggested earlier and run a small screw into it. The hole in the handlebar is 4 3/4" in from the end of the bar. The cable looks fine. Again as someone has already suggested assemble it at the throttle first, then the carb..View media item 61019

Back