Throttle Cable - Extra Slack - How To Correct?

yuckfoo

Local time
9:51 PM
How am I to take up this extra slack? The throttle is attached. I can screw that long piece completely out of the carb.

1628182062622.jpeg

Do you have any adjustment left at the throttle? Is this a stock or aftermarket throttle and cable?
This is the throttle and cable that came with the engine kit. The adjuster on the throttle can also be screwed out all the way. The throttle is otherwise working properly.

I suppose I will have to shorten the cable. Where can I buy those barrel things that go on the cable end? What are they called?

The throttle cable and housing have a very specific length. The cable is double ended and cannot be removed from the cable housing. If this is a stock setup, it's weird that it doesn't fit right. Is the nubbin end inserted properly into the carb slide? Is the barrel end secured in the throttle?

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I bought these. "8pcs Solderless Cable Nipples 5mm Throttle Choke for Motorcycle Scooter Mower US"

1628186206297.png

These will not work with an NT carburetor. The cable has two ends, a barrel end for the throttle, and a nipple end for the slide. The stock cable and carb should work. Did you do any modifications, or use any aftermarket parts?

Your throttle housing should have a stop molded into it and the cable retainer on the throttle grip also has a stop molded into it, if you cut these back or alter them you end up with the cable being too long, the one in the housing can also break sometimes, you can buy a better throttle assembly/housing and the issue is gone or try a new cable but these things you've shown will just add to your issues! The best way to shorten a cable is to cut to length and use high lead content solder to make the nipple end.

These will not work with an NT carburetor. The cable has two ends, a barrel end for the throttle, and a nipple end for the slide. The stock cable and carb should work. Did you do any modifications, or use any aftermarket parts?
It's the original throttle. All I did was cut off the crappy grip and put my bicycle grip on.

Back