Throttle Cable - Extra Slack - How To Correct?

Show us a pic of the throttle housing and the adjustor elbow please.
YEP...I think SR is correctly going for the right thing here after yuckfoo cut off the original grip from the housing and elbow...any modification to these three things due to modifying this grip, housing, elbow, assembly are probably the problem...The pic should confirm or deny this...DAMIEN

YEP...I think SR is correctly going for the right thing here after yuckfoo cut off the original grip from the housing and elbow...any modification to these three things due to modifying this grip, housing, elbow, assembly are probably the problem...The pic should confirm or deny this...DAMIEN
Nothing I did to throttle changed anything on the inside. The only thing it changed was the grip. The throttle works perfectly. The cable is too long.

I'd double check that your slide is fully seated in your carb man.
Does the slide go all the way down or is there a little bit at the bottom that remains open? The throttle works perfectly. With the air filter off and the choke open I can see it operating perfectly.

Attachments

• GOPR2660.JPG
    GOPR2660.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 114
  • GOPR2661.JPG
    GOPR2661.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 104
  • GOPR2662.JPG
    GOPR2662.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 109
The cable slack can also be adjusted at the barrel adjuster on the throttle metal elbow

If you can turn the grip and the throttle cylinder raises completely to the top of the barrel, then there is nothing to worry about.

Back