Throttle cable snapped in grip

M

Member 28982

In the past I've used the regular brake cables that they sell to replace the clutch but I've never used one to replace the throttle cable.

Will it work if I use one of those same cables that you could buy to replace the brake lever? Can I get one of those same cables to fix my throttle cable?

I know sometimes the brake cables end the very end where has that little metal piece on it have come off and I'm wondering if it's strong enough to go inside the throttle? Or is that a special cable that I need to get?

Ebay item number 122237885120
Comes from France, but it's what I used to shorten my throttle cable at the twist grip end where it's safe, not the carb end..
Screenshot_20190129-040642.png

I think Treatland has a similar product??

You're going to pay a premium through Treatland. Just get the entire cable housing from Whatapart for $9. It comes from a shop within few miles of Treatland's store in Alameda, CA. It also comes with all the extraneous bits, It's all new, it's exactly the same part that you broke.

Think 37" throttle cable... Anyways I had ordered a kit with grips. Wont use em. Have better ones. Kill switch. Have two extra already. Clutch cable and throttle cable and new better than stock clutch lever.
Pretty sweet. Had a little trouble with throttle cable but think its in there right. Wont know til tomorrow. Mounting new gas tank. With new peacock fuel lever. Posted thread earlier about that ordeal. Lol
Should have it running tomorrow. Been parked under cover outside. South florida weather currently 49°.
Think that's what originally popped cable. The cold snap we have. Plus it was a good year old.
Think kit was $25 Amazon Prime.

Ebay item number 122237885120
Comes from France, but it's what I used to shorten my throttle cable at the twist grip end where it's safe, not the carb end..
View attachment 85767
I think Treatland has a similar product??
Think you can buy those cable stops at a hobby store or automotive store save time Lows or Home Depot might have them too think I saw them there.

Back