Throttle cable?

196cctrike

Local time
4:52 PM
Hey Y'all! I'm in the process of building my Schwinn Meridian trike. I'm trying to find a throttle cable. I bought one that was 74 inches and the cable length was great but the internal wire part was too short 🤬! I'm trying to get this up and running ASAP! Anyone got any leads for me?
IMG_20220529_221223.jpg

How long do you need?

Have you tried to cut away a short section of the casing? I've done that in the past, but it's a tricky job, you don't want to nick the cable or loose the little nub on the end.

How long do you need?

Have you tried to cut away a short section of the casing? I've done that in the past, but it's a tricky job, you don't want to nick the cable or loose the little nub on the end.
No I just returned it. It was definitely too short. I could get it attached to the Mikuni carb

The length was 74 inches but the inner was too short. The length was fine.
Not all of those I linked to will work. Some will, but you have to customize them some. How short can you possibly go with the cable? Will a 60" one work?

Not all of those I linked to will work. Some will, but you have to customize them some. How short can you possibly go with the cable? Will a 60" one work?
60 will be too short. I need like a 74 with maybe 76 inner

60 will be too short. I need like a 74 with maybe 76 inner
Measure your free cable length at the carb end of cable, without the cable installed/ hooked to nothing. Let me know what length your cable is now that's too short.

Back