Throttle | Idle | Revving | Carb | Haunted Engine Never Does The Same Thing Twice.

yuckfoo

Local time
2:31 PM
There is something more wrong with this than the carb's jet, needle and idle. It never does the same thing twice. Still wants to start with the choke closed but lets put all that aside for a moment. What would cause a small rev (with the clutch held in) to come back down, but a large rev to behave like the throttle is stuck when the throttle isn't stuck? The first two times it happened I hit the kill switch and it shut right off. The third time it happened the kill switch didn't work and the engine was screaming! I had to let the clutch fly to kill the engine. All of this happened after adjusting the idle so that it would run with the clutch held in.

This thing makes no sense whatsoever.

Hmm could really only be crank seals, base gasket, head gasket, intake or exhaust gasket, carb to intake seals, spark plug seal, or one of multiple carb issues. I ordered one of those bafeng carbs and it seems to be working well.

I'd suspect crank seals myself but you really never know. They aren't hard to do man in sure you can do what ever you have to in order to get this thing running.

I'd suspect crank seals myself but you really never know. They aren't hard to do man in sure you can do what ever you have to in order to get this thing running.
Yes but I need to know what's wrong first. Unless I undo everything I've done strip the entire motor down to single parts and start from there, I need to know what's wrong with it. Minor changes like moving from a 68 jet with clip in the middle, to a 70 jet with the clip one below middle and the bike is doing things COMPLETELY different than it did.

Back