throttle issue.

tskrem

Local time
1:00 PM
i took apart my butterfly throttle thingy to change the e clip postion to the bottom on the pin and when i re connected everything the slide was very hard to move down the carby. i tryed forcing it but when it was down there i pulled the throttle and it moved up a little bit, then didnt go back down...

i took apart my butterfly throttle thingy to change the e clip postion to the bottom on the pin and when i re connected everything the slide was very hard to move down the carby. i tryed forcing it but when it was down there i pulled the throttle and it moved up a little bit, then didnt go back down...

If you are talking about the carburetor that comes with the Chinese HT engine, look down the carb cylinder and you will see a pin, that is a guide for the grove in the piston that the cable fits through.

In the future usings words like thingy, means NOTHING to me.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=25469

Last edited:
actually, look at the throttle slide (piston). you will see 2 slots in the sides of it...one slot is longer than the other.
line up the longer slot with the pin that's on the inside (right side) of the carb.
The slide will go into the carb numerous ways, but only one way is correct.
hopefully by forcing it, you didn't mess up the slide or the pin.
when you put the slide into the carb, it should slide in really easy with little to no resistance or binding. if you feel resistance, you have it in wrong.

lol "thingy"...

as a newb and just got my engine installed- do you always have to undo the throttle cable at the handlebar to take the cable out (to tune the carb) or can it be done without messing with the hand throttle?

Either way, but it's a little easier if you back off the adjuster on the twist-grip as well as the one on top of the carb.
You mentioned a 'butterfly throttle thingy'. There's no butterfly in (side-draft) NT carbs, just a slide, as mentioned above. Usually, you'll find a butterfly in car (down-draft) carbs.

You don't have to touch the cable at the throttle part on handle bars, you just twist the thing on the top of carb to remove slide. And putting a little oil on the slide helps to slide it back in.

True, but when actually removing the cable from the slide, it's easiest with the cable adjusters backed off. (Both ends if possible.)
Only takes moments and makes things much easier.

Back