Throttle Issues

sphynx.0029

Local time
3:08 AM
I am having issues with the throttle and idle.
there is a screw on the left side of the carb and i am not sure if it is an air mix adj screw or if it is an idle adj screw.
i cant seem to get the idling speed set and it dies at stops but not consistently. also at times it wont start like it is flooded.

(secondarily as an after thought, anyone know where i can get a chopper type frame cheap round BHam?)

the screw on the left side of the carb is an idle adjustment screw. some carbs also have an adjustment on the cap where the cable goes into the carb. if this isn't screwed all the way in, the idle screw won't work how it's supposed to. if the top adjustment is is adjusted so it holds the carb slide too high, the idle screw will never touch the slide and you won't be able to adjust the idle with it.
but then again, if the top adjustment is too high, you engine will idle high.
when you put the slide into the carb. you did align the slot in it with the little pin that's cast into the inside of the carb right?

yes i got the round thing with the needle in correctly. im not too sure on the adj of teh top cable screw and teh idle screw but with the info you have provided, im sure i will figure it out, thank you...

sphynx

well that went very well, readj everything that i had WWAAYY screwed up and all is fine now...thanks again

sphynx

Back