throttle need fixing, need help!!!

samuel a

Local time
8:09 AM
I have a 49cc. the throttle seems bad. when engine disengaged, and just going along, revving is fine. when motor engaged, it doesnt rev right maybe idle screw or carb but idk. also where can i get a cheap chain 415 cuz mine is bent

oh and cheap 415 hd chain can be found on amazon, or any motorcycle shop, ebay, etc. i use amazon and ebay for 415. i usually run 420 chain on my single speeds though. thts motorcycle chain. almost always use RK chain when buying 420 hd chain, unless they are out of stock and i need it fast.

For motorcycle chain, 415 regina chain made in italy seems to be the best bet. If your sprockets can run 410 (bmx) chain then kmc 710 seems stronger than stock 415 by a long shot, and can compare to many 415 chains for it's torque capabilities. I run kmc 710 on my weakest stretch, it's at 50.2:1 (jackshaft output to chainring input), that's around 125 lb/ft of torque before losses, and still over 100 lb/ft after for sure. The chain refused to stretch on a derail and shattered the jackshaft bearings instead, and twisted the jackshaft plate itself. Kmc 710 is strong enough for us all unless you run a pred 212. 410 chain has much less rotational mass than 415, 41 or 420. Less power is used to spin a lighter chain, so more to the ground. Always remember: the less pumping loss you incur, the more power that reaches the ground.

Last edited:
For motorcycle chain, 415 regina chain made in italy seems to be the best bet. If your sprockets can run 410 (bmx) chain then kmc 710 seems stronger than stock 415 by a long shot, and can compare to many 415 chains for it's torque capabilities. I run kmc 710 on my weakest stretch, it's at 50.2:1 (jackshaft output to chainring input), that's around 125 lb/ft of torque before losses, and still over 100 lb/ft after for sure. The chain refused to stretch on a derail and shattered the jackshaft bearings instead, and twisted the jackshaft plate itself. Kmc 710 is strong enough for us all unless you run a pred 212. 410 chain has much less rotational mass than 415, 41 or 420. Less power is used to spin a lighter chain, so more to the ground. Always remember: the less pumping loss you incur, the more power that reaches the ground.

i'm going to have to check tht chain out. thanks for the info.

oh and cheap 415 hd chain can be found on amazon, or any motorcycle shop, ebay, etc. i use amazon and ebay for 415. i usually run 420 chain on my single speeds though. thts motorcycle chain. almost always use RK chain when buying 420 hd chain, unless they are out of stock and i need it fast.
Is the 420 chain gonna fit on the stock sprocket? Or is it not really necessary? Cuz I just need a new one that’s it

Is the 420 chain gonna fit on the stock sprocket? Or is it not really necessary? Cuz I just need a new one that’s it

420 will fit 415 sprockets. 415 wont fit 420 sprockets though. our motorized sprockets are usually 415 size, so there will be a slight bit of side to side with a 420 chain, but it doesn't hurt anything. only diff is the 420 is slightly wider than a 415, it allows a bit of room for out of aligned parts sand way more strength.

Back