Throttle Question

I'll tell u the absolute truth, this very well may be my high reving problem. My bike's frame didn't let me mount my carb directly up (top bar is to low for throttle, i wish i would of known this about my bike :( ) and so i had to make it as vertical as possible and this made the carb not hook up to the manifold allll the way. I got it as much as i could and went and got a hose clamp and tightened it all the way and then secured the carb even more. I know this is a very barbaric way of doin it but i wanted it on so bad, and right now it's working :p could this be the reason for my high revs?

I'll tell u the absolute truth, this very well may be my high reving problem. My bike's frame didn't let me mount my carb directly up (top bar is to low for throttle, i wish i would of known this about my bike :( ) and so i had to make it as vertical as possible and this made the carb not hook up to the manifold allll the way. I got it as much as i could and went and got a hose clamp and tightened it all the way and then secured the carb even more. I know this is a very barbaric way of doin it but i wanted it on so bad, and right now it's working :p could this be the reason for my high revs?

Hmmm...desperate to finish. Can you take off the rear mount and shave the back side down on a grinder or band saw? Looks like you can take off at least 3/8". Will this help lower the motor on the frame. Slide the front of motor down too with the extra space. If you can post a picture it would be more helpful.

Back