Throttle video

Having issues with my throttle at idel it decides when it wants to speed up and slow down all on it's own I barely have any control over it. Here's a video anyways so it revs up and down on it's own when it's on an up rev I have to gun it to get it to chill out momentarily. I'm stumped any ideas

darwin

Is the throttle cable binding at all? A sharp turn/bend might do it. Is the spring on the carb pulling the cable back down to idle when you release the throttle? Some of those cheap throttle grips have a lot of resistance built into them...………...dunno it should snap to idle in just a second. Look at it see wassup. Air leak if the carb bolts are loose might do it. Is the cable too short for your application?

Last edited:

Frogslayer

Disconnect your throttle cable and see if it still does it. I'm thinking Darwin called it with the air leak.

Ok I'll give it a looksy well you see it's kinda weird my throttle if mounted on the motor backwards if that makes sense to you at all well here I'll try to take a pic....... There that should clear up any confusion sh*t what I mean backwards.... But I still don't see a bind anywhere and it's not just doing it when I'm turning it does it even if b I'm going in a straight line .

Attachments