throwing (oil)? from exhaust

braddenn

hi all, im hoping some one can give me some info about what might be my issue with this 2 stroke 80cc motor. i bought it used so i expected there was something that was going to go wrong. but anyways, i have got it installed on a bike now and even have it to were it starts and runs some. i noticed that it looks as its throwing oil from the exhaust. my question is...

is it fixable? and if it is could u tell me where to begin? i appreciate any and all advice i can get. hope all have a great christmas or holiday

Lukesky36

Oil out of the exhaust is completely normal after you brake it in 32:1 seems like the right mixture for the oil to gas mix plenty of power and lubrication
32:1 1 US gal. 4 oz.Oil

and a bonus if you want your exhaust to smell sweet put a tablespoon of baby oil in it

Normal. now it wouldn’t be if it’s a 4 stroke. It is due to the amount of oil in the gas it doesn’t burn it all. Try using less oil in the gas if you know how to mix it do 25:1 instead of 16:1 if the motor has already been broke in. I don't know if it's really throwing oil from the exhaust but it should just drip from the muffler if the bike is parked that's normal. You may also be running too rich meaning even less oil is being burned.

Last edited:

gary55

Good chance that the fuel valve was left on and the float stuck and filled the crank case with raw fuel if it's really spitting it out.. If so it will clean up after running a while. Just a drip here and there is norm. Since it's used 32:1 is prob. ok. May need to clean out the float bowl and reset the float level if it's really spitting it.