Thumb/Trigger Throttle

CENTURION

Local time
12:57 PM
The twist throttle is way too jenky on the kits, I don't like the loose fit of them. My e-bikes have the small twist, so you still have the solid rubber grip on the bars. What's a good set-up for a trigger or thumb throttle?

Thanks.

Why not just drop the $20 bucks and get a real throttle. I use a milled from aluminum billet throttles for atv's, dirtbikes, etc, I get them off ebay for about $15 bucks. Any color you want. They are solid feeling, not loose and floppy like plastic is. You feel more in control. Plus, you pick your grips, go with whatever you want. It's all a standard size.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
If the rope cable is to long take a 6mm washers cut it and slide it on the wire between cable keeper then take pliers and close the washer back together. Put as many needed . It take the play out of the throttle grip. I remove that bigger rubber grommet and replace with a big piece of heat shrink . Works great . It will last for a long time.

2597.jpg

Trigger throttle, goodest, bestest, mostess!

I have problem with throttle won't engage I opened the throttle cap and inside is a small hollow drum and it has an attachment on it for cable that has been cut down and now throttle is stuck can I file around drum and that should stop it from getting stuck I'm thinking. But being that the drum has been cut can I use as is?

I have problem with throttle won't engage I opened the throttle cap and inside is a small hollow drum and it has an attachment on it for cable that has been cut down and now throttle is stuck can I file around drum and that should stop it from getting stuck I'm thinking. But being that the drum has been cut can I use as is?
If anything inside the carb has been cut, damaged or just plain old mutilated, then the carb is no good. Do you have a picture of the damage?

Back