Thumb/Trigger Throttle

I have problem with throttle won't engage I opened the throttle cap and inside is a small hollow drum and it has an attachment on it for cable that has been cut down and now throttle is stuck can I file around drum and that should stop it from getting stuck I'm thinking. But being that the drum has been cut can I use as is?
You should make your own thread about this problem. So many people can see it and chime.

Take off your throttle lubricate it with any lubricant makes it real smooth easy flow should be included in your maintenance agenda!

Thumb throttle? Ewwwwwww, WTH! Iz ya'll joking? Iz ya'll kidding?!!! Tell me you're kidding!!!! Come on, man..... ain't no feeling like twisting that wrist, feelin' like a MotoGP star! (shakes head in disgust)

Thumb throttle? Ewwwwwww, WTH! Iz ya'll joking? Iz ya'll kidding?!!! Tell me you're kidding!!!! Come on, man..... ain't no feeling like twisting that wrist, feelin' like a MotoGP star! (shakes head in disgust)
Don't knock it, 'til you've tried it. I built lots of frankenbikes and the OEM is a thumb throttle, so it goes back on. The one thing I do like, you don't have to change the wrist position.

I bought a thumb throttle, but the cable that came with it had too much slack. I would have had to cut it and put a barrel end on, but that was before I knew of that solution. I buggered it up trying to modify the throttle. Now it's in my 'Box of Shame' collection of useless parts. I got a Kawasaki throttle ( and bars too) at a swap meet that works better than the one included in the kit.

I bought a thumb throttle, but the cable that came with it had too much slack. I would have had to cut it and put a barrel end on, but that was before I knew of that solution. I buggered it up trying to modify the throttle. Now it's in my 'Box of Shame' collection of useless parts. I got a Kawasaki throttle ( and bars too) at a swap meet that works better than the one included in the kit.
I don't use kit throttles anymore. Not cool enough for me. I like to match the throttle to my bikes color scheme. Plus for only a few bucks, it looks really cool to have a colored assembly. A motorcycle assembly would be nice, all the buttons at thumbs reach an no need to figure it out. lol

The twist throttle is way too jenky on the kits, I don't like the loose fit of them. My e-bikes have the small twist, so you still have the solid rubber grip on the bars. What's a good set-up for a trigger or thumb throttle?

Thanks.
I use a thumb throttle (designed for either left or right) on the left side of the bars... once you get it positioned properly and rotated to the right angle it just becomes second nature. Very smooth and easy to apply variable amounts of assist. I'm not recommending the vendor but this is the model I have used for the past 2 or 3 years now. - https://www.juicedbikes.com/products/throttle

Why not just drop the $20 bucks and get a real throttle. I use a milled from aluminum billet throttles for atv's, dirtbikes, etc, I get them off ebay for about $15 bucks. Any color you want. They are solid feeling, not loose and floppy like plastic is. You feel more in control. Plus, you pick your grips, go with whatever you want. It's all a standard size.
I was trying to figure out another way to dump more money into this. Thank you!

Just an example listing, would the cable length be what is needed for the MB's or would that have to be modified?

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back