Thunder cdi box and coil

F8LRide

Local time
1:17 AM
I bought a Thunder CDI and coil from a bicycle motor company. And they did not send wire diagram. It has a red and black wire on one side and black and blue on other. Can someone please help me wire it? It has no readings coming off box or coil on bench test with key on or off. Thank you so much for any help. And can't find any info on this capacitor and controler. It's for a 50cc ht motor well 46cc, can't get any readings on this box. Please i don't want to have to keep burning through these stock cdi coils, 4 so far in under 5mths.

Attachments

• 20170406_111648.jpg
    20170406_111648.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 348
Ok it's pretty straight forward the blue and black wires connect with the same color from engine and the kill switch leads also connect with the paired blue and black,Then the red and black wires go to the coil the red goes on the spade connector tab and the black goes to the ground(mount hole)and done!As for going thru 4 cdi's you may want to look at the wires and make sure it's not shorting out or grounding where it shouldn't be that seems a bit odd!

Thank you i put an extra ground wire from coil to frame now it reads and fires. But as for the coils it's one motor been on 2 bikes so far and second is brand new mountain bike. The company i bought the motor from apologized and sent me 3 extra coils and 2 pickups on top of the 4 other coils they've replaced. So i just bought a second motor because they backed their warranty so fast and witout any questions. But I'll never buy another thing from gasbike.com they won't even answer phone calls.

Thank you i put an extra ground wire from coil to frame now it reads and fires. But as for the coils it's one motor been on 2 bikes so far and second is brand new mountain bike. The company i bought the motor from apologized and sent me 3 extra coils and 2 pickups on top of the 4 other coils they've replaced. So i just bought a second motor because they backed their warranty so fast and witout any questions. But I'll never buy another thing from gasbike.com they won't even answer phone calls.
That was very cool of them to send extra spares and good customer service good luck and have fun!

Ok it's pretty straight forward the blue and black wires connect with the same color from engine and the kill switch leads also connect with the paired blue and black,Then the red and black wires go to the coil the red goes on the spade connector tab and the black goes to the ground(mount hole)and done!As for going thru 4 cdi's you may want to look at the wires and make sure it's not shorting out or grounding where it shouldn't be that seems a bit odd!
I also think you have a wiring problem. I've built 5 of these, and had all the classic problems with them, and can say that the CDI box is the most reliable part of the kits. They are rock-solid! The problem is in the design, aka the timing. A 2-stroke needs retarded timing at high rpm, but if you don't run at max rpm all the time, the stock box works fine. As for your wiring, black is universal for ground.

Back