Ticket riding on a bike trail?

darwin

Local time
2:41 AM
Anyone ever get a ticket riding on a bike trail? Just curious, I haven't a clue what the fine would be. I'm thinking up to $100 or so. Riding on the trail bothers me more than the street. Passed by a lot of cops on the street and some times just get the once over look. Never passed one on the trails yet, and they do ride the trails more now than in the past. I believe that's because of the homeless population and ladies being safe more than any other reason.

Some people b**ch had one fat lady over 350 lbs point her finger at me as I pass, No Motorized Bicycles.
I yelled back, 49 cc pedal assisted and EXEMPT!

Depends on the county. Some counties tack on their own fines in addition to standard fines. A speeding ticket on my 212 Schwinn cost me over 400 bucks.

If a cop see's you it's up to him if you get a ticket and or your bike towed away, It will manly depend on how big of a prick he is and it defiantly depends on how fast or how much of a smart ass you are and saying your daddy is a lawyer is for sure going to get your bike towed with whatever the storage prices are after you pay the fine.

In Canada if there is a sign that say's "No Motorized Vehicles" or "Motorized Vehicles Prohibited" That also includes a bicycle with a motor on it, whether it's gas or electric it's still a motor.

You can call your bicycle anything you want but if it's got a motor on it a cop is going to call it motorized no matter what country or the legality of driving one is.

Depends on the county. Some counties tack on their own fines in addition to standard fines. A speeding ticket on my 212 Schwinn cost me over 400 bucks.
Oh so your talking 212 Predator Schwine, we're you in a school ground and what country?

Anyone ever get a ticket riding on a bike trail? Just curious, I haven't a clue what the fine would be. I'm thinking up to $100 or so. Riding on the trail bothers me more than the street. Passed by a lot of cops on the street and some times just get the once over look. Never passed one on the trails yet, and they do ride the trails more now than in the past. I believe that's because of the homeless population and ladies being safe more than any other reason.
i personally haven't, but it really depends on the state your in (ie California will probably ticket you anyway, even if the bike doesn't have a motor on it)
honestly me and my buddie just ride when everyone is at at work or indoors, we have been yelled at before (typical grumpy old man story)
we also pass cops daily on the highway with no problems (hell, they just look at us and then get back to talking)

but were in minnesota and we live near farm towns.
im guessing other states are a lot more strict on the rules.

Well I think most people don't care and 90% come out and marvel of your new invention and man are you ever a genius to come up that idea a motor on your bike s**t your brilliant!

Back