Tiger engine size?

P

prowler

Ok, so I bought this engine for my OCC bike from a guy on E-Bay (new, hadn't been run) and it says TIGER on the sprocket cover plate. I have no idea what exact size the engine is. Initially I thought is was 50cc. It does pull harder than the 47cc pocket bikes we've had, so I'm guessing now around 70cc? The cylinder head is more square shaped, not rounded like the 50cc engines I've seen. If anyone knows what size the TIGER engines came in, I'd appreciate some info. I could probably pull the head and measure the bore and stroke, but it's running really good, so don't want to mess with it. thanks.

tiger is sold by livefastmotors and maybe others
he sells 48cc and 70cc
the 48 is physically a little smaller, but looks almost identical
if you don't have another to compare it to, I guess the only way to tell would be to open it up

it's gonna be a 70cc, l purchased the same kit for my first bike. good strong engines, good luck

The Tiger "70cc" engine is actually 66cc, if it really matters. Good engines.

Moth

Hugemoth said:
The Tiger "70cc" engine is actually 66cc, if it really matters. Good engines.

Moth

azvinnie just got a replacement engine from livefast (got approx100m on it)
he runs it pretty hard and the darn thing stll looks brand new (not a drop leaking anywhere)
I baby mine (dax) and it seems to spew from plug constantly (any tighter and I am worried about stripping threads from head)
I think he got the luck of the draw

I run a 48cc Livefast Tiger engine on Rusty. Lots of miles on it....hard miles. still fires up & runs strong.

Back