Tilting tadpole trike mod kit

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by hodala, May 3, 2014.

1. hodala

hodala New Member

1 month ago started to build a 3 wheeler, modified from a bicycle,with a pair of 20" wheels front frame kit to replace original 26" front wheel on bike
    Previous type as shown:

Attached Files:

<
  2. hodala

hodala New Member

knuckle type is OK for motorbikes but steer angle not enough for bicycle because your feet can't reach the ground,so I redesign the knuckle, turning rod end joint 90 degree

Now the steering angle and tilting are fine but the main column of the mod kit is too skinny to run over big obstacles,steel cylinder tube should be better like the 3D drawing as shown next version will be seen

Since the front kit a little too heavy (6kg+)for human powered vehicle,gas or electrical powered bike mayt be a better style

Attached Files:

3. hodala

hodala New Member

ebike-04.JPG 16吋c.JPG update the thread
    Start to develope a different type of trike bike,I had build several motorbikes after this thread,now build a light one kit for bicycle

Attached Files:

4. hodala

hodala New Member

收納a.JPG 雪161226.JPG leaning trike front end kit Bicycle.JPG ebike-09.JPG for now the build

5. hodala

hodala New Member

26" bike Mod.

Attached Files:

6. Arty

Arty Active Member

Hodala:
    What is the advantage of a trike over a bike? - Is it just for stability? I've always wondered.

7. hodala

hodala New Member

1, You don't have to learn cornering stunt when riding on gravel or wet and slippery roads to avoid front end slip and falling down

2, Large capacity for luggage or passenger with fine views and also compact the bike size
    cornering 2.JPG 滑跤.jpg drift cornering.JPG food delivery bike.JPG butcher dog.JPG 遛狗車a2.JPG

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  8. hodala

hodala New Member

And full floating suspension make bike rides smoothly in gravel road also and easier to run over stairs full floating sus 1.JPG

9. zippinaround

zippinaround Active Member

Looks very cool , did you make all the pieces yourself or get a kit from somewhere?

10. hodala

hodala New Member

The drawing can only find in my note Book,of course my product later,yes I make most components except standard ones(bearings,end joints,wheels,hubs- -)

CrazyDan and zippinaround like this.
  11. CrazyDan

CrazyDan Active Member

I'm glad you've returned. I think you have a lot that you can teach us. Awesome builds bro.

12. hodala

hodala New Member

You are so kind! leaning trike is a new classified bike indeed, it will be shown more often in the public as people ask for more safety riding

13. hodala

hodala New Member

update pictures and my new design

Attached Files:

FurryOnTheInside and CrazyDan like this.
  14. Frankenstein

Frankenstein Well-Known Member

Definitely one of the coolest f***ing bikes I've seen in a while, I remember looking at this thread long while back and was interested in it, very cool.

It's not separate arms on each wheel right? Just a stable pivoting bar between the 2? What keeps both wheels from folding up at the same time?

15. hodala

hodala New Member

There are linkage or shock absorber between left and right arms up and down like a seesaw with each others

Gravity make the trike fall just like a normal bike

16. hodala

hodala New Member

1 more complete illustration
    stroller bike 3.JPG