Timberline GT friction drive with gp460

Last edited:
here is a pic of the completed build.. one pic pretty much captures the whole thing...:D

no duct tape is not the only thing holding the gas tank on now its bolted on but doesn't stay quite level because there is only one bolt.

Attachments

• downsized_0429001824.jpg
    downsized_0429001824.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 377
Oh!
I almost forgot I blew out the original clutch springs........put the clutch saver springs in and the motor runs much quieter and smoother.

Other then that the motor has run like a charm, keeping in mind that i only ride a few miles each day.

OK, now that every part of the instillation is done I would like to improve the bikes performance. It goes plenty fast but I would like to make the bike more stable at high speeds and beef up all of the friction drive mounting (enough to make it suitable for small amounts of off-roading):devilish:

So, any suggestions?

(As always any insight is greatly appreciated)

Ok, well I've put quite a few miles on this set up so far and everything is holding up just fine, surprisingly enough the rear tire holding up just fine:D

I love going 45mph on it, but the bike is really shaky at that speed and I want to beef up the mounting so I can cruise at 40mph, right now it cruises very well at 30-35. Im getting a front disc-brake and a high performance v-brake for the back as well as a double wall rim for the front.

I moved the gas tank to a better place as well.

I feel like the shakiest part of the bike is the fork...

Attachments

• downsized_0506002145.jpg
    downsized_0506002145.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:
If most of your riding is on the street, you'd do well to put on a pair of street slicks. They take a lot of the shake out and you'll be amazed at how smooth they ride.

Back