Time for a 4-Stroke!

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Dan can verify but the two engines are the same physical size from what I’ve read, the 144 has better timing and will rev much higher.

Dan can verify but the two engines are the same physical size from what I’ve read, the 144 has better timing and will rev much higher.

Both the 142 and 144 are identical on the outside, and that engine has nothing on it to confirm. Seems the new 144s aren't rev limited either, but those in the ebay sale might be old stock that is still rev limited. On the inside the only difference is cylinder bore (1.7mm wider), larger piston and larger rings.

I'd be leary of that being a true 53cc, there's no ID whatsoever. The folks selling those sell everything from shoes to auto door handles on their ebay store. If the pic is of an actual motor you'd get it's a great looking motor. The casting is perfect like an OEM honda motor. Everything looks perfect. I dunno. If it is a 53cc that's a deal is all I can say...................................................................................

Look at all the bolt heads, they're all hex head bolts. Maybe not a true HS. Muffler heat shield is different too.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
This may be a good sign, if they flood the market the prices should drop. When I bought the first kits they were $172 each if I bought five, that was January 2011. They were 48cc grubees.

Gotta remember, many of these same sellers will try to tell you their 66cc 2 stroke is in fact an 80cc 2 stroke. Even with the bore and stroke in their face, that they advertised themselves!!!! If they can't tell you the bore diameter, or if they tell you numbers that doesn't match up, they are lying hard.

Back