Time to play. There's no replacement for displacement.

GreasyChris

Local time
11:45 AM
Since I've always been a glutton for punishment and like to do things the harder way than most people I went ahead and ordered the stroker crank from MZ Miami. It would be super if all the vendors took care of their customers like MZ do.

Anyways I recieved it today and it's a beauty. It appears to be 42mm stroke from a quick measurement not an accurate one. And it is the short rod.

So starting off im going to make this a case reed, going to make my own case for this one, going to use my G5 sleeved jug. Looks like the piston needs a trimming on the skirt and and spacer plate up top. My biggest concern as of right now will be port timings, but this is a side project so I am in no rush. I would rather take the time to get this done right so that others can see how to do this mod if they choose to do so.

Let the punishment begin lol

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Inside that jug from the pic the machining looks rough. I wonder if you'd get more life and performance if use a bore sander in there to make it way smoother.
I think that's just the pic but I may order another jug. The sleeve in this one could have been centered better. Either way the jug will get a honing before final assembly.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
You need this for the transfers! Works perfectly with the extra length and it's goid quality.

One of those would be nice for back cutting the transfers. I use these in a 1/4" drill. Left for intake and exhaust. Center for knifing the transfers at the base and knifing the bottom of the transfer window. Right for cleaning the casting mark at the top of the transfer and blending it all in on the intake side of the transfers. Long shank burrs 6" I just cut shank to desired length.
Carbide Plus! The Lowest Prices anywhere on Quality American Made Solid Carbide Cutting Tools
View media item 60571

Back