Timing

Well I'll try & help been a while since I've been in electronics class.

Were trying to find a cdi box we can use on these 2 strokes with the correct or close to correct timing curves that could be adapted to change timing. It's been along time since I've played with electronics, Maybe Karl can give some more insight on this.

Make sure the CDI is for a 2 stroke or 4 stroke
Here is the cdi I was thinking of! I dont know if will need 5pin or 6pin cdi, i think the 5pin will work but will have to have a 12volt power source.View attachment 159437
This CDI is for a 4 stroke. and yes it will work without a 12v power source.
I have this CDI on my Whizzer M/B and it will run with the 12v battery disconnected

Ok thanks wrench, do you have a recommendation on a 2 stroke cdi similar to that, that will work with these CG 2strokes?

Ok thanks wrench, do you have a recommendation on a 2 stroke cdi similar to that, that will work with these CG 2strokes?
No I don't have any recommendations.

A 4 stroke cdi will still spark on a 2 stroke but the timing is advanced different and I hear that it can harm your engine

Yeah I got to do some more research on the 2 stroke cdi, could I use that 4 stroke cdi on my 142f huasheng?

I'll have to get one to play with, then figure out the wiring for my 142f huasheng. Thanks.

I saw this one, and don't have any idea if it would work for our application or not. When I saw the price, i threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back