Tinkering with stock exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hay Willis. I'm just thinking out loud trying to wrap my mind around what is happening in there with diff. mods. So I'm just thinking. Ryderz has a lot more hands on experience with tuning exhaust systems. If I were you I would try it the way Ryderz suggested it first. See if it suits your needs. You can always take more off the head tube later if wanted.

Thanks, have to cut it open to do anything with baffles and shortening head tube, and weld it back up, hoping to only have to do it once

We had some threads on this a couple years back. I did it backwards, I bought a sample of most of the cheap pipes out there and tested them. I found most of the PooPoo, Banana and other pipes of no advantage, mainly because of poor internal construction. The $20 chrome short muffler performed admirably for a high reving engine. Its construction was pretty close to what Street Ryderz has drawn above. If you notice, this is an expansion chamber and stinger shape that simply folds in on itself. With some slight porting I was able to get a top speed of 66kph (~10,000rpm) and enough low speed torque to pull away without pedaling on the stock gearing. Not bad I thought...

We had some threads on this a couple years back. I did it backwards, I bought a sample of most of the cheap pipes out there and tested them. I found most of the PooPoo, Banana and other pipes of no advantage, mainly because of poor internal construction. The $20 chrome short muffler performed admirably for a high reving engine. Its construction was pretty close to what Street Ryderz has drawn above. If you notice, this is an expansion chamber and stinger shape that simply folds in on itself. With some slight porting I was able to get a top speed of 66kph (~10,000rpm) and enough low speed torque to pull away without pedaling on the stock gearing. Not bad I thought...
Welcome back Steve! (y)

Hey thanks!
I have a link to that pipe that worked well for me:
https://www.motorizedbicycle.ca/2-stroke-engine-parts/exhaust-system/chrome-exhaust-muffler.html

Don't know how much time I'll have to be here, but I love motohis is my project for this winter:
1542759615576.png

Your welcome. This book was recommended when I was first on this forum. It helped me in trying to understand what all was going on in these engines. Along with the info shared by a lot of others

Hey thanks!
I have a link to that pipe that worked well for me:
https://www.motorizedbicycle.ca/2-stroke-engine-parts/exhaust-system/chrome-exhaust-muffler.html

Don't know how much time I'll have to be here, but I love motohis is my project for this winter:
View attachment 84679
Wish ya well Steve. Always good to hear your words. Here, there or where ever the hell ya are. I suppose you moved into town on account of the new job? Looks like a nice spot though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back