Tiny washers

Wolfie65

Local time
12:35 PM
Noticed a smidgen of seeping fuel at the drain hole of my NTC carbie, tightened the screw another 1/1000th of a turn - that's all she had - but I'm thinking that'll only delay a potential problemo, now looking for itty bitty li'l washers, this one seems to be 8mm diameter.
Hardware- and auto parts stores do not carry anything that tiny, I'm thinking of going to a hobby shop where they specialize in RC cars & planes but also have plastic models, paints, that sort of thing.
There used to be more of those, but the internet killed them over the past 10-15 years.

Noticed a smidgen of seeping fuel at the drain hole of my NTC carbie, tightened the screw another 1/1000th of a turn - that's all she had - but I'm thinking that'll only delay a potential problemo, now looking for itty bitty li'l washers, this one seems to be 8mm diameter.
Hardware- and auto parts stores do not carry anything that tiny, I'm thinking of going to a hobby shop where they specialize in RC cars & planes but also have plastic models, paints, that sort of thing.
There used to be more of those, but the internet killed them over the past 10-15 years.
Did you find the tiny washer? I have tiny washers for my dremel tool. One of those might work.

No luck at the hobby shop, they had tiny washers allright, but only in metal and hard plastic, not rubber.
They suggested I go to NAPA, but I doubt they'll have anything THAT small.
The guy at O'Reillly's looked at me funny when I asked for 3/16th fuel line....which they do carry.....

Either that or I'll be using leather hole punchers to make my own out of a sheet of...something...
Reckon my chances of finding the actual replacement parts are slim to none and Slim just blew town.

Probably has to be an actual washer - flatter and wider than a o-ring - but I've had another thought: there's a store specializing in small engine type things - chainsaws. lawn mowers, leaf blowers and such - that might possibly have something.

Probably has to be an actual washer - flatter and wider than a o-ring - but I've had another thought: there's a store specializing in small engine type things - chainsaws. lawn mowers, leaf blowers and such - that might possibly have something.
That's where I would look. Maybe they have it on microfiche.

Make your own. Sheet of silicone rubber or whatever fuel rubber or gasket material, punch one out and add a hole.

Back