tip of throttle cable pops off the pin/hat setup when I try to pull the throttle

One thing that would really help me is to see a photo of the needle/barrel setup in a bike after you take the air filter off and look in. With no throttle and full-- that'd give me an idea if my needle is really out of place or not. Right now as I look in through the air filter, I see the barrel, and when I pull the throttle, it raises up and I see more of the needle. I'm guessing that's right.

you know what... I'm starting to believe it has nothing to do with the needle. I don't think I'm getting spark to the engine, and as I was looking at the wires, I noticed one that melted a little. It was touching the exhaust. Looks like MAYBE I found my problem. It's hard to tell if the connection got cut off, but that very well could be the issue.

AHA!

Magneto's aren't that bad either in price.

Let's hope it's just a bad connection!

That was it. The wire had just barely melted away, and it was hiding in a place where it wasn't very obvious. I re-stripped it and made the connection much better. Turns out my throttle mod actually works REALLY well! I rode the bike up and down the rode with no issues. Works like a charm!

So now that it actually works-- recommend any enhancing mods?

That was it. The wire had just barely melted away, and it was hiding in a place where it wasn't very obvious. I re-stripped it and made the connection much better. Turns out my throttle mod actually works REALLY well! I rode the bike up and down the rode with no issues. Works like a charm!

So now that it actually works-- recommend any enhancing mods?

I'm very glad you get your problems sorted out. I'm sure you'll be able to find many mods in wild in the streets or using the search function.;)

BSA

Back