Tip To Help Bike Ride Better

Wooddogg

Local time
5:28 PM
Im a long legged drink of water as my Dad used to say, 6'5".

I bought a motorized Beach Cruiser and immediatley raised the seat so peddling would be easier.

But I noticed how rackity the bike handled.

I dropped the seat back down and now it rides and handles much more manageable, even at higher speeds.

If youre experiencing handling issues you may want to give lowering the seat a try, it helped me a lot.

Have a great weekend, Wooddogg.:unsure:

Last edited:
it's because you're lowering the center of gravity.
all of my bikes have chopped seat posts and the seats are as low as possible...but i'm only 5' 6" tall.

You're right about the low seat. I originally kept my seat high for pedalling efficiency, because I'm still a regular mountain biker. The lower seat makes a big difference

Yes, you're right; lowering your center of gravity certainly helps with stability.

But don't you feel like you're sitting in the back seat of a Karmann Ghia?

I can't stand that feeling.

Yeah, I've got short legs, so a low seat post is a must for me. It also helps me push off the road at a stop.

BGW - Handlebars that reach back further toward you or leaning back some ape hangers may help with the back seat of a Karmann Ghia feeling. I actually did ride in the back seat of a Karmann Ghia for years as kid.

lol, my seats and bikes sit so low, all i have to do is stand up if i ever need to get off of them while moving.
nope, it doesn't make me feel like i'm in the backseat of a carmin ghia (i have been in one, so i know what it's like) it makes me feel like i'm riding a low slung custom chopper. (which is exactly what i'm doing when i ride my bikes.)

I have always kept my seat post all the way down,but always had a problem with the back light seat post mounted light not being able to even see it over the back fender....Yesterday I broke down and put my seat post up higher so people could see me at night(im working nights now)....It doesnt handle as well,but now people can see me....
John

Back