Tips for Long Distance Travels - MISCELLANEOUS

!733 manx halfpenny
150_1733manxhalfpennycopperrev240_1.jpg

BAMA my patron ST is St. JOAN aka Jeanette a warrior St. and patron St. of the military LOL no wonder we lock hornes at times.....I have been weaing my St. Joan sence I was sent over sea's in the military and she is almost worne off but sh still helps me out + I have a bell on my bike they are suppose to keep the gremlins off so you don't get hurt and it really works I have had so meny close calls on that bike some one or something is watching out for me :)

http://www.pikerpress.com/article.cfm?form.id=1333

Cookie

Oh yeah.
I carried little charms and such that had been given to me, as well as my St. Christopher. I also picked up tokens from the gods of quest/adventure that were given to me along the way. That Semi truck and the desert were the only close calls, and I was being watched over as I am here to tell the tale today...
I should get gremlin bells. That dang motobike needed fixing or repair ing at least once a day, there were some days where I would have gotten along better if I had just pushed it along... Some days it felt like i was just start, stop, repair, repeat.
*chuckles*
Of course my biggest good luck charm was my Dad, driving the support vehicle!
There's not many fathers out there that would, at age 67, follow their 33 year old son on some dang foole adventure like that!
He's a great sport...
It was a good experience for both of us in many ways, but for the point here- this aspect was good 'cause we never really connected when I was a kid, and this gave us a chance to really connect on a deeper level; we're closer now than we've ever been.
cool stuff...
Rif

I like the bell story, I had a "squeeky parrot" on the florida ride, with plastic rosary and mardi gras beads wrapped around him.

The Manx coin is a keeper I can coincidentally tell. I guess I need one to keep the Isle of Man flag legit....

Rif, St. Chris got some bad press, and was booted off the souveneir shelf years ago. I'll get you a St. Benny, try and get it double Abbot blessed, bring it to Indiana. "Bulk blessing" thats the trick.

hey every little bit helps, right? My juju bag is filled with little charms and amulets, bits of this and that- Bulk. The more charms the better your chances...

does it count having a pentium 1 with a hole drilled in it on your keychain?

Only if it has MMX capabilities! (Also has a first gen. Pentium on his keychain.)
Seriously though, I like this thread. There is some good information in here.

~Dakota

Only if it has MMX capabilities! (Also has a first gen. Pentium on his keychain.)
Seriously though, I like this thread. There is some good information in here.

~Dakota

It's an old 2006 thread, and things change.

I moved St. Benny over to the recumbent, and have one of the MIA-Vietnam dogtags zip-tied with it, up on the handlebars, so I get the "bell ringling" effect while riding.

I still have my old "riding charms" pouch on the bear sinew thong I put it together on almost 40 years ago. All of the front paw claws off that bear, in order, with a pouch in the middle that contains my "bear agate" - a moss agate I found the day I killed that bear, with a very clear rearing bear in it. That necklace and charm has been all over the world with me.

I don't put much stock in charms and amulets, except that they make one more confident, but every ittle bit helps.

Oh yeah - my first aid kit contains a tube of gel type superglue - best thing in the world to close up a minor cut with.

lucky charms and super-glue, got it.

heck, simon, bowlers been using "nu-skin" for ages...great stuff alright, and good advice.

bama, it's time for me to re-read your travel-stuff from a new perspective...i'm grateful it's here. if i learn enuff, maybe i'll let you off the hook for that gallon of gas ;)

i've asked rif for a small sumpin' (anything) off his wyman-whizzer, best lucky-charm i could think of :cool:

Last edited:
Back