Tips from what I've learned

Will'smotobikes19

Local time
12:21 PM
Hey guys just wanted to let anyone that needs some tips have some.

* Don't use rag joint sprockets they always become untrue and are dangerous use the cnc adapters or hard mounted sprockets instead.

* Don't skimp on China chain there is a company called Regina chain that makes #415 and it's made in Italy not China there is probably other companies too.

* Stock 2 stroke carbs usually have a vacuum leak where they mount on the manifold some teflon/electrical tape could work but a carb upgrade would probably be better.

* Always loctite sprocket adapter bolts or else they will back out that happened to me on my first bike.

* Remember to oil/grease chains and sprockets. On my bike I use 80w90 gear oil to lubricate the chain. It will make the chain last longer but over time you might want to clean your chain and re lube it.

* Use better quality bolts and nuts if you can for chain tensioners and engine mounts. -Chinese hardware isn't nearly as strong as what you could use.

* Ride on the correct side of the road- self explanatory if a cop sees you going down the road the wrong way there's a good chance you will get stopped. But for some reason (not naming) some motorized bike riders on YouTube ride the wrong way down the road.

* Let cars pass. Cars will usually be going faster than you on your bike don't sit in the middle of the road if there's a car behind you- move to the side of the road like bicycles do.

Have fun and be safe

Never had a problem with the rag joint. Agree with most of what you said. Don't know about the gear lube, that s**t stinks.

The chain I'm using recommendeds 80w90 that's why I use it. I just put some on the chain and when you sit on the bike you can't smell it, if you can it would be probably even less when your'e riding. I know some people like rag joints because they're cheaper but if you put the money in for the better version you don't need to worry about bent spokes and chain problems, on my first bike I used a rag joint and quickly tossed it when I saw it wouldn't stay true. The cnc sprockets might still move on the hub because there's no keyway but the sprocket will still stay straight I guess it's up to preference. Would you want something made of old tires and pot metal or a cnc aluminum adapter.

Back