Tips I've learned from many builds-great newbie read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never thought of that, if you wanted to take material from the bottom of the jug & not the top. Ok I'm going to run with that idea if I ever need it.
16 gauge copper base gasket on a grubee gt5 woke it up.. I really need a degree wheels and and some science though

There's a silicone gasket for the mag cover... I've also used spray can shellac to coat/soak the gasket make sure it's dry or it will come off hard.. use Yamaha bond 3 on the case half's after sanding flat on a piece of glass and adjust the shims and sometimes ream the jug holes (depends) will pull the case together some use acetone on the surface..any oil on the surface will cause a leak over time and wick... Indian head gasket shellac and some toothpicks is your best friend on the cardboard intake gasket but will be a pain to get off... Friction tape for hockey sticks is good for where cables rub
"use Yamaha bond 3 on the case half's after sanding flat on a piece of glass and adjust the shims " WTF? Dude there is a lip and seat on the case half's! Adjust what shims?

"use Yamaha bond 3 on the case half's after sanding flat on a piece of glass and adjust the shims " WTF? Dude there is a lip and seat on the case half's! Adjust what shims?
Between the Crank and the bearings to center the crank

Sanding flat on the case half's with 600gt till they fit better and it preps it for the cement with out the gasket...

Between the Crank and the bearings to center the crank
I don't understand what your doing or why, the case half's have a lip and seat seal around the crank you should not be sanding them flat nor bringing them in tighter, what are you going to recut the clutch shaft as well?

Mossy do you understand how lowering the jug effect's timing?
Do you slip fit your bearings and press them sq into the case?
Do you run a balanced and trued crank?
Do you do the above for the clutch shaft as well?

Mossy do you understand how lowering the jug effect's timing?
Do you slip fit your bearings and press them sq into the case?
Do you run a balanced and trued crank?
Do you do the above for the clutch shaft as well?
To put a thicker base gasket... Smolik ballenced crank 40mm

I don't understand what your doing or why, the case half's have a lip and seat seal around the crank you should not be sanding them flat nor bringing them in tighter, what are you going to recut the clutch shaft as well?
It makes the clutch shaft stick out further my nothing sometimes... The glue like the sanded surface to the machine surface.. more surface area the finer you go not deeper taking of anything you can do scotch Brite on everything makes it fit better shims behind the clutch shaft bearing.. shims in the bearings and crank to center everything up so you're bevel wheels running Tru the crank and clutch shaft parallel to each other is my goal or close

The new motors are better but the cheap and old motors case half's didn't always match up great the ones that were chewing up the bevel wheels it was the fake gt5 series lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back