Tips I've learned from many builds-great newbie read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maxima 927 has castor oil (not castrol which is a brand of oil, not castor oil) and is blended with synthetic. There is no need to mix it with Amsoil, just mix with gasolien and use it in your engine. This blend is superior to straight AMSOIL or ANY synthetic any day.

Thanks for the tip. Well I just purchased some Maxima 927 today, and I meant to say "castor" oil in my previous thread, so please excuse my spelling and generally just not knowing any better one way or the other... I am just glad to have the advise from you and the experienced who know the differences. I do remember the awesome smell of castor oil from my younger years of dirt biking and can't wait to mix up my first batch and try it out.Do you recommend a particular ratio or is 40:1 close enough?

Regardless of the oil used, I wouldn't use anymore or less than 32:1. I was running 100% castor at 50:1 for a while with no adverse affects other than mile gunking up of the spark plug. Maxima 927 is a blend and burns clean in my other 2 stroke engines with no problems with varnish buildup.

As for tbe Stihl bearing, I dont' have that part number handy and recall using the search function to find it the last time. Search Term: Stihl

I've been running 16:1 for 200 miles due to tech support from the vendor of my Grubbee engine.Is it time now to move up to 20:1? I am using inexpensive oil, not the $ synthetic 2 stroke oil. I do have around 1 gallon of 16:1 mix left. Is there any way to safely dilute this mixture? Thanx for any info:)-Gearhead

If you have a gallon of fuel that has been mixed with 8oz of oil add another gallon of gas. That will put you at 32 to 1. Or 4oz per gallon. Add less gas if your not sure to be on the safe side.

The things I have read for the GRUBEE is 16:1 for break in and then 32:1 there after. I usually run 20-25:1 after break in (RAW & FLYING HORSE) 6oz per gallon. I have not had one long enough to BLOW it up yet. (They keep getting stold). ''Stold in VEGAS, & TWO in a year''. in the stolen bike forum.

Thanx for the info and very sorry to hear about the thefts:( Were your bikes locked at the time? BTW, I would like to mix Castor Oil with my nonsynthetic 2 stroke oil, instead of using synthetic oil. Where would I buy it and how much should I mix for one gallon of gas? I remember reading how Castor Oil was THE engine lubricating oil during the early days of aviation simply because nobody had figured out how to refine a good Petroleum-based lubricating oil!-Gearhead

Go online & type in ''oil/fuel calculator.'' You will git several links to try. Find the one that works the best (easiest) for you. I use a synthetic blend from napa. I'm going to try to find some castor R. That was the best in THE DAY. I have been riding for about 41.3358724 years L.O.L. I miss the smell of those days! Not sure if I spelled ''Castor'' wright, it's been so long.

Per gallon of mix...divide 128 by the ratio you want..the answer will be ounces of oil needed for that mix.

128 divided by 32 (ratio I want) = 4 oz of oil

If you want to do 1/2 gal...use 64, 64 divided by 32 = 2 ounces oil

1 Liter = 1000 cc 1000cc/32 = 31.25cc oil

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back