Tips...stuff that might help

G

gone_fishin

Vongould said:
I recently attached my sprocket directly to a disc hub. It works great. No more torque on the spokes, no more bent or broken spokes, no more losing trueness to the rear wheel. I had to drill six extra holes to match the disc hub. Then I added an additional spacer to spread the rear forks a little (about 3/16 of an inch) so that the chain would not rub on the frame. I used liquid threadlocker so that the smaller bolts would not work loose. Spins perfectly true.

srdavo said:
uncle_punk13 said:
I would *carefully* remove the gear cover, and check to make sure there is still a *small* amount of grease (a little dab'll do ya') on the gears. That's what was needed on my 80 after a few hours/miles...
Just a thought.
If you do this carefully enough, you can re-use the gasket, but if it tears at all you'll have to replace the gasket.
yes....I let one of mine get dry and you wouldn't believe the amount of metal "dust" I found in there. without a little grease in there, it really wears the gears away.
My "dab" is about the size of a navy bean....right where the gears mesh.
uncle_punk13 said:
Yup, that little 'navy bean' dab is just about right. I made the mistake on my first engine of dabbing too much grease in there. What a mess!!!
It doesn't take much, but if it's dry it'll make a heck of a racket, and wear away the teeth in a new york minute!

Back