Tire & Rim Liners

FREE
OIP.shYoT5Sa_W2q7l3M-p2wUQHaEB
You sure eat alot of ice cream bars, or Did your seal those tongue compressors for the doctors office :LOL:

They ain't gonna work anyways They'll break

You could use electrical cloth tape first, then use electrical rubber tape (not standard vinyl electrical tape), followed by another layer of electrical cloth tape.
Another name for it is Friction tape. Put enough layers on and over time it turns into a rubber seal, if you use the better brands of tape.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
It seems that there are plenty of companies out there that are willing to separate me from my hard earned dollar... I figured I'd run a couple questions by the community before I spend my money.

(1) - Rim Liners ... YES or NO? I assume YES as I can't see a down-side for using them on a spoked rim. Cheap enough as well...

(2) - Tire Liners ... this is the one I'm more interested in. Both for me... and for my kid on his regular bike that seems to get a flat every other week. YES or NO on tire liners for the motor bike and for a regular ole 24" mountain bike. These guys are a bit more expensive coming in at around $18-$24 each wheel. Quite the expense, but quite the benefit ... if they work. The motor bikes are road-only... we don't plan on doing much dirt riding... my kids mountain bike? Yeah... as I said... every couple weeks it's a new flat. I think his back tube is up to six or seven patches... or was that eight?
Rim strips are a must, otherwise, your spokes will pop your tubes, I like Velox from France, but you can use electrical tape if you're on a VERY tight budget.
I like tire liners - Mr. Tuffy being my personal favorite, but there are many other options - they don't stop nails (or caltrops, but we]re not quite at that level just yet....), but do help if there's a lot of broken glass or (young) got heads in your area. Mature goat heads can be like nails.
With liners AND Slime, you're about as safe from punctures as you can be, but be aware that Slime and patch glue do not get along, so you kinda need to pick one or the other.

Rim strips are a must, otherwise, your spokes will pop your tubes, I like Velox from France, but you can use electrical tape if you're on a VERY tight budget.
I like tire liners - Mr. Tuffy being my personal favorite, but there are many other options - they don't stop nails (or caltrops, but we]re not quite at that level just yet....), but do help if there's a lot of broken glass or (young) got heads in your area. Mature goat heads can be like nails.
With liners AND Slime, you're about as safe from punctures as you can be, but be aware that Slime and patch glue do not get along, so you kinda need to pick one or the other.
Electrical is terrible to use as a fix. Maybe in an emergency as a road side repair to get you home

Back