• 12/16 Inch (Recumbent Tires)

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • 20 Inch (BMX)

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • 24 Inch Standard (2.125 or less)

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • 24 Inch Wide

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • 26 Inch Road (Narrow, high PSI road tires)

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • 26 Inch Standard (1.5-2.125)

Votes: 66 52.0%
  • 26 Inch Wide

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • 27 Inch Road (Narrow, high PSI road tires)

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • 27 Inch Standard/Wide

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • 700 mm Road (Narrow, high PSI road tires)

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • 700 mm Standard/Wide

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • 29 Inch All

Votes: 6 4.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, but I've put over 15K miles on non-motored bicycle tires (CST C1218) before seeing excessive wear.
I have a red set of those on my main bike and they have over 5K on them right now.

A few 26" street tires I've run on MaB, figures are drive wheel miles:

Schwinn Typhoon: ~500 miles before center bald
Kenda Kiniption: ~1000 miles before center bald
Bontrager Hank: ~2000 miles before center worn
Kenda Sun Flame: ~4000 miles before center bald
CST C1218: over 5K and counting, showing ~50% wear

Looks like you've found plenty of tyres that last longer than 1000 miles. You can have a long lasting tyres that are heavy and hard and have less grip, or nice light tacky race tyres which are a consumable.. But there's lots of tyres that are just awful at everything.
There are a few dual compound tyres with a longer wearing centre and softer gripper rubber on the corner knobs.

And yeah, there's usually a compromise somewhere. I would still be running Bontrager Hanks if I could.
C1218 are relatively hard and lousy for deep cornering! With 65psi they are like tractor-trailer tires LOL

Maxxis Hookworms are the bees knees, similar to the O.G. Sun Flames, but probably superior. Fat and $$$
I have also heard CST Cyclops are a solid less-expensive alternative. Used on the track with success.

I found this site and think it is worth a good read for choosing rim sizes to get some moped/motorcycle tires to fit. Includes some tires per size and their weight. Sadly only bicycle tires come in the 26" (22" at bsd). I know Neil doesn't let motorcycle/moped tires on anything but in unlimited, but I might try one of the lighter moped/motorcycle alternatives some time this year just for street riding. Might need to use moped forks to deal with the additional rotational mass, both during deceleration and cornering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back