• 12/16 Inch (Recumbent Tires)

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • 20 Inch (BMX)

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • 24 Inch Standard (2.125 or less)

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • 24 Inch Wide

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • 26 Inch Road (Narrow, high PSI road tires)

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • 26 Inch Standard (1.5-2.125)

Votes: 66 52.0%
  • 26 Inch Wide

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • 27 Inch Road (Narrow, high PSI road tires)

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • 27 Inch Standard/Wide

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • 700 mm Road (Narrow, high PSI road tires)

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • 700 mm Standard/Wide

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • 29 Inch All

Votes: 6 4.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

loquin

Local time
1:44 AM
In trying to support mabman's attempt to get a supplier for MB specific tires, I'd like to start a poll on bike tire size(s) that we run.

I've set the poll up so that the 24 inch tire choice are listed as Standard and Wide, with Standard tires being 2.125 inch or narrower, and wides are just that - wider than standard.

With 26, 27, 700mm, and 29, there are three possible choices.
  • Road Tires are narrow, high pressure tires, less than 1.5 inches in width
  • Standard tires could be considered 1.5 inches wide through 2.125 inch wide
  • Wide tires are 2.25 and greater

We can look at a poll for tread patterns later.

Note: the 12 & 16 inch tires are often used on recumbents.

Last edited:
i am listing myself under 20inch bmx but many electric folders are running 20inch street tires

i use kenda kontacts do to the supposed decrease rolling resistance

26 standard narrow is my choice and has been for some time!

My tires are a bit unusual as it uses a 26x2.125 in the front and a 24x3.0 in the rear so I don't know how you'd categorize that. I own a GT Dyno Deuce and that seems to be the only production bike with that tire configuration to my knowledge. It's a sweet ride tho. Probably the only bike that doesn't have a specific tire size category as it uses both 26 and 24 rims during it's production and I tend to keep it as production original as possible.

My DB came with 700x38c tires OEM. Replacements I use 40c and am happy with those. Choices are slim because I only use Kevlar lined tires. I'm thrilled with the ride and performance of the tires. 700c wheels just gives you a different steering/ride feel from a 26x2.125in wheel/tire.

2016-10-17 10.15.17.jpg
2016-10-17 10.18.08.jpg

Is that yellow thing on the bottom even ridable lol. I know it's an older thread but it's stickied so i don't feel bad about the necro.

Is that yellow thing on the bottom even ridable lol. I know it's an older thread but it's stickied so i don't feel bad about the necro.
It's perfect for the artist who built it and the somewhat hazard-blind and Toulouse-Lautrec proportioned person who bought it thinking it would be rlly cool bro. (y)
Not my cup of tea at all but good luck to them. :coffee::geek:

And 700c narrow/high psi just doubled in the popularity poll. PRESTA VALVES FTW! :coffee::geek:

Neat tire for front use, but I can't see that thing lasting very long on a drive wheel lol.

Most tires I've tried on the drive wheel over the years barely make it to 1K on a motor-assisted bicycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back