Tires ?

Fly1

Local time
8:57 AM
OK I have a Huffy Cranbrook I putting together. I just ordered some mag three spoke wheels. What tires would you recommend ? I,m thinking about
the Maxis Hookthorn tires. Your thoughts ? Oh I almost forgot. The wheels are BBR Tuner.

Fly

OK I have a Huffy Cranbrook I putting together. I just ordered some mag three spoke wheels. What tires would you recommend ? I,m thinking about
the Maxis Hookthorn tires. Your thoughts ? Oh I almost forgot. The wheels are BBR Tuner.
Read the posts in thread cited below and see if this might work for you...depends on the tire and tube sizes that will fit on your rim though...DAMIEN

Fly
It all depends on what style ya like, race, dirt, street or classic. I think your on the right track with the Maxis tires

...Tire Compatibility: 26” x 1.5” – 26” x1.95” tires for your wheels

Last edited:
Read the reviews on those tires, well worth the money.

Fly
The hookworms are great tires but at 26 x 2.5 they are a bit to wide to safely put on those wheels. The bigger problem you will run into is that your chain will rub on the tire because of how wide they are. So you will need to offset the engine or get an adjustable clutch shaft from darra mfg. I ran a kenda k rad 26 x 2.35 on mag wheels with no issue. Schwalbe makes a quality tire as well.

Back