Tires

CENTURION

Local time
2:45 PM
Quality tires have been one of my biggest handling/riding improvements I have made on all of my MB's. Added these Schwalbe smart sam's plus to my MB mountain bike, The grip, cushion, rolling is phenomenal, and they have the higher level Greengaurd flat protection. I ride in temps from 95 deg. F down to 15 deg. F and the Schwalbe's always have consistent performance, Those chinese tires that come with some of the bikes, will change durometer and become rocks in low temps. They smell like harbor freight, or what I call "CHUBBER" (chinese rubber). My Thanksgiving ride was great with the new skins:)

Attachments

• tires1.jpg
    tires1.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 60
  • tires2.jpg
    tires2.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Tires3.jpg
    Tires3.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 62
I like Schwalbe tires, they're a good price vs. quality compromise.
Probably the best, longest lasting commuter tires I've ever bought are Ride Tour/Tour Ride (no idea why they switched the words) by Continental.
They have a good amount of extra rubber on the road, are smooth enough for asphalt but still have enough tread for hard-pack dirt.
The Huffy Ferrari got babied with Continental Gatorskins, can't remember off the top of my head which Michelins I bought for the CR-40.

Back