Titan Carb Adjustments

Oysterville

Local time
2:30 AM
I live at the beach, so my elevation is probably less than ten feet. I have a very basic understanding of 4 stroke motors and know that there's likely some carburetor adjustments that I need to make to account for this extremely low elevation.

Can anyone direct me to good instructions/pics/video of how to make these adjustments? Currently the engine idles pretty rough on my new install (48.5cc Titan friction drive) and I want to straighten that out. Already upgraded to the NGK spark plug.

Did a Google search of this forum and the whole 'net with minimal success, so any help would be ever-so-appreciated.:bowdown:

Monday and Tuesday are my days to work on this, so hopefully something is out there.

Thanks!

Last edited:
So all I need to adjust is the idle mixture screw? Isn't there a needle height adjustment to do?

HAU SHENG Style carb adjustments

Hello Oysterville no, this is a butterfly type carb, no needle, no slide. Main jet is near the bottom of the float bowl, with the Idle Mixture screw on the left in front of the black plastic idle speed screw.

Out west here I have had extreme trouble with carb jets plugging up, use Gumout, or STP or whatever good fuel injector and carb cleaner in your tank to control this.

Mike

Its been my experience to tighten the mixture screw all the way in gentlely then back it out 1 and a half turns as a starting point. From there it will start and you just need to fine tune it to where its running its smoothest, purring instead of choking. You need to make sure your idle isnt set too low or it will give you a false sputter do to low idle.

Back