Titan Is Here And Ready !!!

Awesome

Good Morning Duane!

I just got to work and poured oil in the engine and then the gas in the tank. I didn't bolt the motor down to my work bench. I just put my hand on it the top and pulled to cord 2 times.
:eek::eek::eek:

I am in LOVE. Now I understand your excitement.
I expected to hear something like my weedeater or lawnmower. It's like a gas powered hair drier. It was so quiet and didn't even attempt to dance around on my work bench (while I was dancing around my shop).

I can't wait to put this on a bike, I wish I had not been so stupid to think I could build a rack. I'll be tearing up fort Worth next weekend when my rack gets here.

I'm getting mine in two weeks. Local pickup rules!
I'm so excited right now.
I can't wait.

Excitment is in the air.. And..For good reason...

That is interesting . I have not tried the putting my hand on top and lighting the motor. they are smooth..But...The compression is high. and if you do not catch it right, you can yank the motor across the room. All 12 lbs of it. I mean it. I usually mount mine to a wood plank or something..If you come to the compression stroke, back off, and then pull. You get smooth easy starts every time. Sounds like you know what you are doing for sure. They are great for sure. Smooth and quiet. Amazing. Well..It has been a super long day.. I am tired.. Good night..and ... Remember to.. Enjoy the ride...:D

I am.....

I am installing and testing an in Frame version as we speak. My Factory sent me a new and latest greatest version of the engine and transmission. I must say, it is very different than my JL tranny .The Engine was damaged during shipment. The valve cover was smashed, and to my dismay and dislike, the stainless steel push rod was bent. Dog gone it !!! I pulled the push rod, straightened it the best I could, re installed it and adjusted the valve clearance. Then..I had to pound out the valve cover. I think I have it fixed, but the valve cover looks like heck now !! I have not tried starting the motor yet. I think it should be ok. I have the push rod pretty straight. Not perfect.. But straight enough. I hope. If it fails, I guess I could swap the Tranny over to a Titan and continue the test. We shall see. This Kit requires the Removal of the bike crank axle and then the install of the new one that comes with the kit. This makes the kit applicable to all bikes, one piece or 3 piece cranks. So..You have to be well versed in crank removal of a bicycle in order to install this kit. So far. That has been the hardest part. Also, this new updated kit has a slider plate that allows for stretch for longer bikes to install the engine plate. A great Idea by the factory, but the front adjuster does not allow much room to install the front motor mounts. You just can not get your fingers in there !!! Wow !!! I will have to mod the plate and send it back to the factory . But the slider Idea is a great one. They only need to fix the front part. I will take it to some other engineers and we will come up with a fix for this problem. So far, other than the shipping damage, this is the only hold up for me. I need to mod this plate before I can continue the install and testing. Once I get it worked out. I should have in the frame versions in 8-10 weeks following successful testing. If the Tranny turns out to be a flop, there will be no in frame versions at all. Ever..Or not until I get a good one to test and proved. So..do not hold your breath. I am picky . It has to be good. If I love it, then I can sell it. I have to love it first.. Then I can sell it.. That is how it is for me. I have to believe in the product before I can sell the product. Thanks..Enjoy the ride...

Dax - would you mind posting the valve clearance specs here for reference? I've got my kit and I'm in the process of building! Thanks - John

Back